Monday, October 1, 2012

Welcome to Craz-EoE-town

I've been wanting to start a blog for quite some time now.  Mostly as a way of chronicling our journey with our 4-year-old son, Brady, who was diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitus (EoE) two years ago.  This whole blog idea also came about as my way of lending support to those that are going through it and to help those parents feel not so crazy.  Let's face it, we've all been there.  That's why I call our life "crazy town" some days.  If you would have told me 5 years ago what we would be going through today, I never would have believed it.  But it's happening... and there's nothing I can do about it but continue to fight for my son, become an even stronger person than I ever thought possible, and keep the dream alive that some day there will be a cure for EoE.  That some day Brady will be okay.  That some day the stress and tears and the worry will subside and this will be a distant memory.  Some day.



Another reason to start this blog was to provide a lens to family, friends, etc. who have no idea what we go through on a daily basis.  I have great support in my life. It's through the encouragement of friends who are sometimes in a state of shock and awe when I tell them about something that's happened in our EoE world that have encouraged me to tell my story.  To those friends, I say thank you.  Thank you for listening.  Thank you for offering a shoulder to cry on and prayers on days when it's not so good.  Love you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment